The Lehigh Valley is among the country’s fastest-growing logistics hubs, adding hundreds of new jobs to the region’s economy on an annual basis. Our Supply Chain Management & Logistics Technology program is the perfect launching pad for anyone interested in pursuing employment or a college degree in this multifaceted field after high school.
Students develop the following skills as they learn firsthand how a distribution center runs:
- Picking, packing, shipping and other order fulfillment activities
- Procurement, receiving, stocking and replenishment operations
- Operating sit-down counterbalanced forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers and stand-up reach trucks
- Operating clamp, single-double and slipsheet forklift attachments
- Using warehouse management systems, RF scanners and UPS Trackpad® technology
Working daily in one of the nation’s only fully functional distribution and transportation center to offer secondary-level training, students gain real-world experience by fulfilling supply orders for Lehigh County school districts and the nonprofit organization First Book. The high-tech, 22,000-square-foot center is equipped with vertical lift modules, horizontal carousels, flow racking, drive-through racking and a forklift simulator.
Along with the physical aspects of warehousing, students practice their communication, customer service, management and logistics skills. Upperclassmen are encouraged to secure internships or co-op positions with UPS and other local employers.