Some of the biggest names in Lehigh Valley manufacturing rely on automation to drive production. In our Electromechanical / Mechatronics Technology program, students learn how electrical and mechanical systems combine to automate industry.
As they explore the increasingly high-tech world of advanced manufacturing, students master the following skills:
- Read blueprints and schematics for electrical, electromechanical and electronic systems
- Measure voltage, amperage and resistance; build series and parallel circuits
- Connect, operate and troubleshoot commercial and industrial motors
- Build two- and three-wire motor control circuits, as well as sequential control circuits
- Connect, operate and troubleshoot mechanical power transmission and fluid power systems
Instruction begins with Ohm’s Law, Watt’s Law, the National Electrical Code® and other fundamentals before advancing to logic gates, robotics and workcells, for example. The course lab is outfitted with dozens of Amatrol trainers that help students develop practical knowledge of everything from electrical wiring to hydraulics.
Collaboration and project-based learning are important elements of the program, too. Students team up to build space heaters, duplex pump controls, conveyor systems, miniature manufacturing cells and self-guided robots.
Course length: 9 months
Next start date(s): January 24, 2022
Tentative schedule: 8:15 am – 2:45 pm, M-F
Credentials & college credit
Students who complete our course earn the following industry-recognized credentials:
- AMIST Level 1 Certification via Industrial Maintenance Training Center of Pa.
- OSHA Certification via CareerSafe®
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate via NOCTI®
Students who complete our course are well positioned to earn associate degrees at the following schools:
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Reading Area Community College
with credentials earned at LCTI:
- Industrial Electrical Technician
- Mechatronics Technician
- PLC Programming Technician
with associate degree:
- Engineering Technician
- Industrial Automation Programmer
- Medical Equipment Technician
with bachelor’s degree:
- Electrical Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
Learn more about potential career pathways.
Contact Amy Rex at 610-799-1316 or email@example.com for registration details, more information, or for a personalized tour.