Join us Nov. 10-12 for a Virtual Open House. Prospective students and their parents can participate in live video chats with teachers from the programs that interest them. The first 500 registrants get a free T-shirt!
Health care is among the nation’s fastest growing industries and offers a broad range of professional opportunities. In our Exercise Science & Rehabilitation Services program, students explore medical science and its practical applications.
As they prepare to launch careers in health care or pursue postsecondary degrees, students master the following skills:
- Using personal protective equipment; applying infection control principles
- Performing CPR with an AED and administering basic first aid
- Measuring and recording patient height, weight and vital signs
- Assisting colleagues with patient exams; moving, lifting and positioning patients
- Assisting patients with personal hygiene and grooming
Working in a high-tech program lab outfitted with seven patient beds, a rehabilitation room and an operating room, students develop their bedside manner by practicing with simulation mannequins, synthetic cadavers and each other. They also have opportunities to shadow clinical experts in the field and upperclassmen may pursue internship or co-op positions with local employers.
Students learn medical terminology, the human body’s systems and its diseases while studying patient response to prescribed exercise, various rehabilitation methods and the management of chronic conditions. The industry imperatives of effective communication, empathy, professionalism and quality care for all patients are emphasized throughout the program curriculum.