Content is king and students in our Digital Media & Social Communications program are future kingmakers. They learn about the creative and technical processes that drive media production for a host of digital platforms. Students explore photography, videography, podcasting and more while mastering the following software and skills:
- Adobe® Creative Cloud® software including Premiere Pro®, After Effects®, Photoshop® and Illustrator®
- Set up and operate photo, video, lighting and audio equipment for a variety of situations
- Set up and operate computer hardware, software and peripheral devices
- Create and manage content for websites and social media
- Apply color theory, typography, layout and other design concepts
Instruction covers the history of multimedia and its evolving role as a communication tool, along with legal and ethical guidelines for content creation. Through a variety of audiovisual projects that mimic real-world assignments, students pick up essential technical skills as they learn how to effectively communicate and collaborate in a professional setting.
Students write scripts, prepare storyboards, develop production schedules and more as they step into the roles of planning personnel like screenwriters, directors and producers. In addition, they take on the responsibilities of camera operators, lighting technicians, audio engineers and other production personnel who make up media teams.
Course length: 9 months
Next start date(s): Fall 2024 dates TBD
Tentative schedule: 8:15 am – 2:45 pm, M-F
Credentials & college credit
Students who complete our course earn the following industry-recognized credentials:
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate via NOCTI®
Students who complete our course are well-positioned to continue their education at the following school(s):
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
with credentials earned at LCTI:
- Camera operator
with associate degree/experience:
- Video/Film editor
with bachelor’s degree:
- Film/TV/Podcast editor
Learn more about potential career pathways.