With a median annual salary of $52,590 and skyrocketing demand, plumbers, pipefitters and steamfitters are among the highest paid and most sought after professionals in the construction trades.
Students in our Plumbing & Heating course master the following skills as they prepare to launch careers in this lucrative field:
- Read and interpret blueprints, pipe system sketches and plumbing specifications
- Measure, cut and join a variety of metallic pipe/tubing, including copper, steel and cast iron
- Measure, cut and assemble a variety of plastic pipe/tubing, including PVC, CPVC, PEX, PE and HDPE
- Rough in water supply lines, waste lines and vents for various fixtures and appliances
- Install and repair various fixtures and appliances
Instruction begins with job site safety, power tool use and other fundamentals, but quickly advances to soldering, brazing, threading and pressing pipe/tubing. Working in a course lab outfitted with custom-made trainers and industry standard equipment from RIGID, Uponor, Viega and other manufacturers, students hone their skills by completing assignments that mimic real-life residential, commercial and industrial plumbing challenges.
Students team up to tackle everything from industrial piping projects to designing and installing bathrooms. Graduates routinely secure positions with Deluxe Plumbing & Heating, Elek Plumbing, H.T. Lyons and Schuler Service among other local employers.
Our Plumbing & Heating course is endorsed by the following organization:
Course length: 9 months
Next start date(s): August 29, 2022
Tentative schedule: 8:15 am – 2:45 pm, M-F
Credentials & college credit
Students who complete our course earn the following industry-recognized credentials:
- Allentown Master Plumbers Association First-Year Pa. Apprenticeship Certificate
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification
- OSHA Certification via CareerSafe®
- Pennsylvania Builders Association® Skills Certificate
Students who complete our course are well positioned to earn associate degrees at the following school(s):
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
with credentials earned at LCTI:
- Apprentice Plumber
- Apprentice Pipefitter/Steamfitter
- Apprentice Sprinklerfitter
with credentials + experience:
- Journeyman Plumber/Pipefitter
- Licensed Master Plumber
- Plumbing/Mechanical Contractor
with more postsecondary training or college degree:
- Bathroom/Kitchen Designer
- Construction Manager
- Mechanical Engineer
- Plumbing/Mechanical Estimator
Learn more about potential career pathways.
Contact Amy Rex at 610-799-1316 or firstname.lastname@example.org for registration details, more information, or for a personalized tour.