The Lehigh Valley is among the country’s fastest-growing logistics hubs, adding hundreds of new jobs to the region’s economy on an annual basis. Our Supply Chain Management & Logistics Technology course is the perfect launching pad for anyone interested in pursuing employment in this multifaceted field.
Students develop the following skills as they learn firsthand how a distribution center runs:
- Picking, packing, shipping and other order fulfillment activities
- Procurement, receiving, stocking and replenishment operations
- Operating sit-down counterbalanced forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers and stand-up reach trucks
- Operating clamp, single-double and slipsheet forklift attachments
- Using warehouse management systems, RF scanners and UPS Trackpad® technology
Working daily in one of the nation’s only fully functional distribution and transportation center to offer secondary-level training, students gain real-world experience by fulfilling supply orders for Lehigh County school districts and the nonprofit organization First Book. The high-tech, 22,000-square-foot center is equipped with vertical lift modules, horizontal carousels, flow racking, drive-through racking and a forklift simulator.
Along with the physical aspects of warehousing, students practice their communication, customer service, management and logistics skills. Upperclassmen are encouraged to secure internships or co-op positions with UPS and other local employers.
Course length: 9 months
Next start date(s): Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021
Tentative schedule: 8:15 am – 2:45 pm, M-F
Credentials & college credit
Students who complete our course earn the following industry-recognized credentials:
- Certified Logistics Associate via Manufacturing Skill Standards Council
- Certified Logistics Technician via Manufacturing Skill Standards Council
- Forklift Operator via National Safety Council
Students who complete our course are well positioned to continue their education at the following school(s):
- Lincoln Technical Institute
with credentials earned at LCTI:
- Forklift Operator
- Inventory Specialist
- Logistics Coordinator
with credentials + experience:
- Shipping/Receiving Manager
- Purchasing Agent
- Warehouse Supervisor
with a college degree:
- E-Commerce Sales Manager
- Purchasing Manager
Learn more about potential career pathways.
Contact Amy Rex at 610-799-1316 or email@example.com for registration details, more information, or for a personalized tour.