Just about everyone and everything has a web presence these days. In our Web Design/Web Programming course, students design and build compelling websites from scratch. As they explore a career field with an employment growth rate nearly four times the national average, students are introduced to the following programming languages software and skills:
- Adobe® applications including Audition®, Illustrator®, Photoshop® and Premiere Pro®
- Contract preparation, project management, search engine optimization, storyboarding
After mastering the fundamentals of computer software, hardware, networking and programming, students delve into design, computer graphics and interactive media. Raster graphics, vector animation, video clips and problem-solving algorithms are just some of what they’ll learn to create while developing websites to serve as platforms for everything from e-commerce to online gaming.
Learning to communicate effectively in a professional setting is a core component of the course, so students are routinely tasked with producing multimedia presentations. Upperclassmen select one of four career pathways on which to focus: Computer Programmer, Graphic Designer, Multimedia Animator/Artist and Web Designer. Motivated students may choose to pursue skill sets associated with multiple pathways.
Course length: 9 months
Next start date(s): Fall 2024 dates TBD
Tentative schedule: 8:15 am – 2:45 pm, M-F
Credentials & college credit
Students who complete our course earn the following industry-recognized credentials:
- Adobe Certified Associate-Rich Media Communication via Certiport®
- Adobe Certified Associate-Web Communication via Certiport®
- Internet & Computing Core Certification via Certiport®
- OSHA Certification via CareerSafe®
- Pennsylvania Skills Certificate via NOCTI®
Students who complete our course are well-positioned to earn associate degrees at the following school(s):
- Lehigh Carbon Community College
with credentials earned at LCTI:
- Computer Support Specialist
- Field Service Technician
- Help Desk Analyst
with associate degree
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
with bachelor’s degree:
- Computer Programmer
- Multimedia Animator
- Software Developer
Learn more about potential career pathways.
If you’d like more information in regard to Adult Workforce Education, please contact Amy Rex at 610-799-1316 or email@example.com. Individual tours are available by appointment.