Run a fully-operational distribution center, fulfilling orders for schools across the region
Operate forklifts and pallet jacks to receive, pick and pack inventory
Harness the power of modern warehouse management systems including RF scanners and UPS Trackpad@ technology
RSVP for Open House
The Lehigh Valley is among the country’s fastest-growing logistics hubs, adding hundreds of new jobs to the region’s economy on an annual basis. Our Supply Chain Management & Logistics Technology program is the perfect launching pad for anyone interested in pursuing employment or a college degree in this multifaceted field after high school. Students develop the following skills as they learn firsthand how a distribution center runs:
- Picking, packing, shipping and other order fulfillment activities
- Procurement, receiving, stocking and replenishment operations
- Operating sit-down counterbalanced forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers and stand-up reach trucks
- Operating clamp, single-double and slipsheet forklift attachments
- Using warehouse management systems, RF scanners and UPS Trackpad® technology
Working daily in one of the nation’s only fully functional distribution and transportation center to offer secondary-level training, students gain real-world experience by fulfilling supply orders for Lehigh County school districts and the nonprofit organization First Book. The high-tech, 22,000-square-foot center is equipped with vertical lift modules, horizontal carousels, flow racking, drive-through racking and a forklift simulator.
Along with the physical aspects of warehousing, students practice their communication, customer service, management and logistics skills. Upperclassmen are encouraged to secure internships or co-op positions with UPS and other local employers.