Brighten a dreary room, highlight a home’s architectural detail or launch a rewarding career. In our nationally accredited Painting & Design program, students learn how paint can do it all.
As students learn to create inviting interiors and exteriors for residential and commercial structures, they’re introduced to the following skills:
- Stripping, spackling and otherwise preparing surfaces for paint.
- Applying paint using a variety of brush, spray and faux finishing techniques
- Removing and hanging wallpaper and other wall coverings
- Staining and finishing wood, as well as varnishing and restoring furniture
- Color coordination and interior decorating
Practicing on-the-job safety, developing product knowledge and producing cost estimates are important elements of the program, too. Students hone their skills through a combination of expert instruction and hands-on training with professional-grade equipment. Training includes on-campus maintenance projects and off-campus activities like painting LCTI’s student-built house.
Upperclassmen are encouraged to test their skills by securing resume-building internships or co-op positions with local companies, such as Sherwin Williams. They also have multiple opportunities to earn industry credentials that signal their experience to employers and qualify them for articulated college credits.
Our Painting & Design program is accredited by the following organization:
NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research)