Join us Nov. 10-12 for a Virtual Open House. Prospective students and their parents can participate in live video chats with teachers from the programs that interest them. The first 500 registrants get a free T-shirt!
Electricians light up American homes and businesses. In our Electrical Technology program, students learn how these highly skilled men and women literally electrify the nation and much more.
They develop the following skills while exploring the ins and outs of residential, commercial, industrial and communication wiring:
- Install non-metallic, metal-clad and Cat 5 cables; install telephone and television circuits
- Install single-pole, three-way and four-way switches; install duplex, GFCI and AFCI receptacles
- Install EMT, PVC, surface metal, nonmetal and liquid-tight flexible metal conduit raceways
- Install light fixtures, smoke detectors and doorbells; install rough and finish wiring in homes
- Use multimeters, continuity testers, plug-in circuit testers and clamp-on ammeters
Working in a program lab outfitted with Amatrol trainers and industry-standard equipment, students tackle projects that mimic real-life situations on a daily basis. Instruction begins with fundamentals like job-site safety, National Electrical Code® requirements and blueprint reading before advancing to the installation of electrical service, optical fiber connectors and home theater systems.
Students also learn to design residential security systems, configure home automation modules and set up industrial motor control systems. The latter skill makes program students a hot commodity among Lehigh Valley manufacturers, who compete to fill their internship and co-op positions with LCTI’s upperclassmen.
Our Electrical Technology program is accredited by the following organization:
NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research)