On digital media platforms, video content is king. In our Emerging Digital Media & Social Communications program, students learn about the creative and technical processes that drive video production for a host of platforms.
They also explore podcasting, deejaying and electronic music production while mastering the following software, concepts and skills:
- Ableton Live, Adobe® Audition and Premiere Pro, Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro
- Color theory, typography, layout, design process and their multimedia applications
- Set up and operate computer hardware, software and peripheral devices
- Set up and operate video, audio and lighting equipment for a variety of events
- Create and manage content for websites and/or social media channels
Instruction covers the history of social media and its evolving role as a communication tool, along with legal and ethical guidelines for content creation. Through a variety of audiovisual projects that mimic real-world assignments, students pick up essential technical skills as they learn how to effectively communicate and collaborate in a professional setting.
Students write scripts, prepare storyboards, develop production schedules and more as they step into the roles of above-the-line personnel like screenwriters, directors and producers. In addition, they take on the responsibilities of camera operators, lighting technicians, audio engineers and other below-the-line personnel who make up production crews.