JOIN US FOR OPEN HOUSE ON THURSDAY, NOV. 2. RSVP TODAY!
A web designer creates the look, layout and features of a website. The job involves understanding both graphic design and computer programming. In Web Design/Web Programming students learn how to work in the field of new media technology with online development, scripting, software, tools, and technology. Students develop solutions that exist in a form to communicate meaningful messages with a desired target audience. We create online and we do so using all of the same tools that professional developers in the field of new media technology have come to rely upon every day.
Students in the Web Design/Web Programming lab will:
- Learn programming languages like XHTML and how to create Cascading Style sheets.
- Identify effective online branding and marketing strategies
- Develop engaging online content to communicate complex ideas
- Apply multi-platform deployments of content for desktop, tablet, and phone
- Optimize online content for effective search engine ranking
- Communicate complex ideas in a graphical format
- Create, modify, and adjust images in order to create attractive communication solutions
- Create interactive multimedia content
- Use multiple platform deployment of digital video content
- Develop and deploy mobile app solutions across multiple platforms
- Solve problems through technology solutions