LCTI IS NOW ACCEPTING 2018-19 APPLICATIONS FOR THE EMERGING HEALTH PROFESSIONALS PROGRAM. THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JAN. 19, 2018. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Physician assistant, nurse practitioner, physical therapist — those are the job titles for three of the nation’s Top 5, best paid and most-wanted professionals. All three earn a median annual salary of $85,000 or (much) more.
Our Emerging Health Professionals program is a must-consider for rising high school seniors interested in these and other medical professions.
The intensive, dual-enrollment program is designed to give students a head start on college and expose them to a variety of health care careers through hands-on training and clinical study at Lehigh Valley Health Network facilities, among others. In order to be eligible for this distinguished program, students must:
- Be rising seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or better and an excellent attendance record
- Have completed biology and chemistry, each with grades of B or better
- Have either scheduled trigonometry or completed it with a grade of B or better
- Meet academic prerequisites for Lehigh Carbon Community College and Penn State Lehigh Valley
- Submit an application and a written recommendation from their high school counselor
In a typical school week, students spend one half day immersed in the program curriculum at LCTI, two half days in science courses at LCCC or PSU and two half days shadowing health professionals or participating in other activities at LVHN’s campuses. Successful participants complete the program with at least eight readily-transferable college credits Students also have opportunities to earn industry credentials that signal their readiness for higher learning to college admissions officers and prepare them to work in the health care field.